Thursday, June 18, 2009

Who would have thought!

My husband was airborne in the 173rd in Vietnam, my brother is a retired Ist Sgt in the Army. They were both born with a compass in their hands. Me, well I could hardly make it out of the womb. I managed to get through life without people realizing I have no sense of direction. That was, up until I got married. I think his first clue was when he would give me directions using that whole East, West thing. I would just stare at him, and then turn the wrong direction out of the driveway. We had a discussion one day about this whole directional handicap, and he was in awe. He just could not imagine, how that was possible. I was in awe that he could look up in the sky and know what time it was!! Is that even possible? From then on, all his directions to me, included turning Right or Left, using landmarks such as schools, churches and so-and-so's road. I managed to get by. Until....my brother visits ( hereon, called 1st SGT) and introduces ME to geocaching.. Oh boy....he has NO clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment