Thursday, June 18, 2009

Geocaching 101

The 1st Sgt has arrived in town and wants to introduce me to geocaching. OK, sounds good. I am positive there is absolutely nothing hidden in my area. I mean, this is a small farming community, who would possibly know about geocaching! I am given a 5 second overview, he pulls up a list of "nearby" caches. Hmmmm... this is a joke , right? He has some fancy GPS thing, so I grab my flip-flops and my new Tom-Tom. If you have read my geocaching profile, you know that Goldy gives me Divine inspiration and hopefully directions from heaven . Our girls, knowing I can't find my way around the block, had purchased me a Tom-Tom, hoping I may actually travel out of the county some day. ( I said County, NOT country!) I had used the TT (tom-tom) only once, and had set it to my HOME DIRECTIONS. All is good. We set off to some remote area, where I vaguely remember having passed through some years ago. We pull off the road, the only thing there is a sign, some historic sign. My first cache! 1st Sgt took a picture, which I have yet to see, I am sure I have a look of utter disbelief that there was ACTUALLY something there. Off to the 2nd cache, it only gets better (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment