Friday, June 19, 2009

1st Sgt and Big Sis

On his way home, 1st Sgt stops one state over, maybe it's up and over, whatever, and visits Big Sis. Let me start off by clarifying that Big Sis is called that, not because she is Big, but because of our Chronological Birth Order! Whew...that should cover my butt. Anyways, 1st Sgt introduces Big Sis ( BS) Well, maybe I better keep it Big Sis. Anyways, introduces her to geocaching! Well now, since we never had a childhood discussion regarding GPS or compass readings, I am not sure where she falls in the knowledge category. My Dad was in the Navy, so hey, maybe it could be some kind of genetic blessing. I spoke to 1st Sgt and inquired how the geocaching was going. (My friend Sandy, would say I was "stirring the pot") Really, I was only asking! The 1st Sgt's reply was (and I quote) I don't want to talk about it! (unquote) Hmmmm...so much for the genetic theory. Went to the geocaching site to look up her profile. What!? You have to be kidding, that is her geocaching name? The first thought that comes to my mind is a squeaky cat toy. Maybe she will download a picture of one of those rubber mouse cat toys for her profile. Anyways, I further investigate and see she has 8 caches and 1 hidden under her belt. Knowing very well, she doesn't OWN a GPS, it is safe to assume that 1st Sgt is letting her use his. I check in with 1st Sgt before he boards the plane to home. He seems unscathed, but he does bet me, that Big Sis will have purchased a GPS system, not as nice of one as his ( of course not) within 7 days and to make the bet even better, it will be from Walmart. Ok, I will take that bet but, I think it will be purchased the day after he leaves and it will be at Best Buy. BETS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment