Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 3...things are better ( I think)

On day 3, I am much wiser. I wear jeans, tennis shoes, and grab a can of OFF. Okay, so I left the OFF on the counter, but my intentions were good. We re-booted the TT the night before, so it appears to be working. I found out how to adjust the volume, so it doesn't seem to be yelling at me now. We drive out, literally, to BFE. 1st SGT's GPS, signals when we are getting close. ( of course, it does) I am waiting for TT to talk to me. 1st SGT tells me to pull over, pull over. Where? Here? Okay, so maybe we passed it up a little, no big deal. We are on a gravel road with a nice sized ditch on 1st SGT side. I hop out on my side, 1st SGT crawls out on his side. I guess I am a little in the ditch. I leave the car running, this should be a fast cache, after all we are on day 3. We trek through grass that probably has never been mowed. I am in over my head, both the grass and the cache! This turns out to be a little harder than we thought. 1st SGT keeps returning to GZ. Me, well I just keep following the blinking light. 1st SGT thinks it is on the other side of the creek. Well, I KNOW it is on my side of the creek, must be all my experience!! I decide to head back and turn off the car, don't need to be running out of gas. This may take awhile. I head back to what 1st SGT called GZ. Really, I just followed the grass that was mushed down. 1st SGT is nowhere around. Great! This is my opportunity to seize the cache. It had rained the night before, so the "bank" was a litle muddy. Good thing I wore my "tenny whoppers" I head down the bank, throught the trees, stickers bushes and who knows what else. I am in, up to my elbows, reaching into every tree trunk, every hole, anything that looks like it could hold a cache. I will find this first! I spot a beaver dam in the middle of the creek. ( not like I have ever seen a beaver dam before, but I am kinda guessing that is what it would look like) The cache has to be in the dam! As I am contemplating how to get it...I hear 1st SGT say, "I found it" I look up and he is standing directly across from me, on the other side of the creek. He is smiling. No, he is smirking! The only words 1st SGT hears is..."MOUSE" and that is when I fell. I probably could have stayed out of the creek, if the branch I grabbed onto was actually attached to something! I picked up my mud soaked body, grabbed my mud coated i-phone and headed back to the car. The only sound in the air was my car alarm beeping, as I was trying to find my way back to the car. I would have paid a million dollars to have that on MY side of the creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment