Thursday, June 18, 2009

My ignorance is showing.

Have 1 cache under the belt and now I am getting excited. How hard can this be? As we set off for #2, I realize my TT, has settings for latitude/longitude. Like I would have ever used that before. 1st SGT reads off numbers from his GPS...okay I do recognize the degree symbol, but everything else is Greek. 10 mins later and he is starting to eye me, like maybe I don't know what I am doing. Hey, I am in the medical field and I never needed latitude and longitude to find a bedpan! Cache #2 is a little harder, some people are around and I am not getting the whole geocaching terminology. Seeing, I have never read Harry Potter, this moogle, muggle, muggler, whatever doesn't ring a bell. 1st SGT is locating the cache by "numbers" Seeing this is just not a sign on the side of the road, I have NO clue, I continue to follow. We wind up the day with a few more caches. I am exhasuted and fall alseep hoping that some day I will win $100,000.00 on a trivia game, when I can answer that the little slash mark on latitude and longitude stands for minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment