Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fever

It is not swine flu, it is not the flu at all. It is not a cold, sinus infection or pneumonia...it is a fever. The potstirrer has a fever, and it started in the Dakotas. She will inform me...that it was North Dakota, but unless you live in the Dakotas, I really don't think North or South makes a difference.

She has returned from the family vacation, and she has geocache fever. This may be terminal, as I noticed that many other caching friends, have had it for years. She has hung with me for 50 some caches and really showed no signs, then out of the blue...it has her. I am thinking it came in the Garmin box.

After a 13 hour drive back, to the infamous state, of road construction, potholes, and lousy weather. She calls...wants to go get a few caches. Seeing the weather has been nothing but cold and rainy, I had actually made a dentist appt. for noon. Oh...that doesn't matter, she says...it won't be dark for hours. We will still have time.

As I leave the "plaque pickers" office, I give her a call. Yep, she still wants to go...Yep, it is raining where she is. Yep, she has checked the radar. Yep, it is pretty much orange.
Well, it is not like we are gonna melt, she says. ( Flashbacks of MA.) Yep, she will meet me in ten.

Oh ya... she has the fever.


No comments:

Post a Comment