Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Survival

We survived! In less than 2 1/2 hours, we found 6 caches! One was a nano....my first ( potstirrers second) Had to take a picture, set it right there next to a chap stick lid. Nice...those nanos are nice! Note to self: get some nanos. Was the FTF on one cache, made us feel pretty good, as a familiar name was on all the logs, except this one...wonder if he couldn't find it! I was feeling pretty good, when my "sense of direction" led me the correct route...around a bridge construction site. Yep, 1st Sgt, you are correct...Goldy has my back.

As usual, went off the planned course, when my I-phone says there is a cache...2.3 miles away, I think we should go. 9 miles later...I think the 2.3 miles, is "as the crow flys". All turned out great. Couldn't pass up that "one more" cache, and it was actually big enough to drop off a travel bug! The rain stopped, not sure when...but when the squeaking of the wiper blades, throws off your concentration...you realize the rain has stopped. My shoes... and clothes ( of course) are still wet!

We survived the whole... off the road...no you are still on the road...the ignore the muggles who are gawking at us ( in the rain)....wave to the muggles, let them know we are having a good time.

We survived the whole...back the car up and go to the left...no the right....no wait...do a 3-point-turn -about.

We survived the whole...look there, at the blue thing... that is it....no, that can't be it...ok, that is it...they can't hide them there.

We survived the whole...what end is the west end of the rail...west end of the rail, or west end of the lot...where is west...my i-phone says I am heading southeast....so west is...no, that can't be right.

Hey! We survived....and had a good time (soaking wet...in the rain)

No comments:

Post a Comment