Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Geocaching with The Other Sis

While planning my 24 hours with family. I decide to print off a few caches....just in case, we could fit them in. After wining ( or should I say whining) dining and spending all our money...we head back home. I suggest other Sis ride home with me! ( nice move)

It just so happens, I have the geo-caching bag, the I-phone, the TT, and some print offs, right there in the back seat.

I give Other Sis a 2 minute tutorial, and as 1ST SGT would say... we were good to go. Big Sis is following in her car, with Ma ( who now is refereed to as the "Q-Tip) sitting proudly in shotgun position. No Ma, there were no guns involved! Anyways...Big Sis give me " the puzzled look" when I detour and pull off in a cemetery.

OtherSis has set the "coords" and did it very nicely. Hmmm... has she been practicing? She goes right up to the cache, but of course doesn't recognize it...because it it a LPC. So I point it out to her, explaining if she was not a geocaching newby, she would have got that right way!

Off to the next one...I had printed off a few of my hides, primarily because I knew where they were, and it would be easy to teach her. Psychologically, I probably just didn't want to look dumb...just in case I couldn't find it. Learned that lesson when I went with the little one!

We do stop by and pick up a park and grab...not one of mine, but a nice easy find. Ma is just riding with Big Sis... totally clueless!! She did think she saw some kind of animal...."right there ...by the tree... 3 trees down" ....I didn't see anything, but it WAS a bean field, and I didn't want to look too close...it may have been a geocacher looking for the bridge!

Other Sis is doing great! She must have gotten the better end of Dad's navigational gene! As a matter of fact, she is really looking like a pro here. 1ST SGT would have been impressed! Had she been with him in June, he probably wouldn't be on BP meds!

It was starting to get dusk and Ma was getting a little concerned, that we were driving her through cemeteries. So, we headed home.

A good day of caching with the professional newby! But the night is just starting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment