Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Toughy!

We did manage to have time for that last cache of the day. We were hurried, but it couldn't be as bad as the last one... we think. It wasn't, but it was a tough one. Good one, but not what we were expecting!

We start off with a closed road, so we go around...ya, I have been here in the past, but not driving, so how to get around the blocked road...well don't ask me! We finally park it, and start to walk. We would have been better off, at the closed road sign...but it is good exercise, so we walk it.

The Garmin signal is all over the place, and my I-phone is off...nearly dead! I decide to turn it on, just to get an idea of where we are headed. I am in the middle of no where with just a sliver of green, left on the battery...and the phone rings! And, it is work! You have got to be kidding... I can not be wasting my battery on a phone call from work! I ignore the call...and keep "poking".

I know what we are looking for, from the description...and my location was good, my theory, I thought, was good, and I would have been successful...had this been a "poking cache" The pot-stirrer ( standing right next to me) calls it. She, of course, is not "poking"...but "looking"

I snap another picture...for Ist Sgt, and that is when I realize...AHHHH, "we" ( 1st Sgt & I) have "done" this guy before! I recognize his MO.

Ok...game on, I wish I knew that before going into this! Oh
well, I am sure he will place more...with his style, he is a geo-caching addict! There will definitely be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment