Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Words of Wisdom

My first flash back of MA, was when the potstirrer said "You won't melt". ( 1st Sgt and I have heard that all our lives.)

I gather all the information on a few caches, in a selected area, and we head off in the cache mobile. Good thing the wipers work! It is not only raining...it is cold...it is overcast...it is grey! So, not only the wipers, but the heat, the defrost, and the lights...were all put to use. I dressed for the occasion, or so I thought! Tennie whoppers, hoodie, warm socks, rain coat. We head to our first destination. I pull off the road...or so I think...but potstirrer claims I am in the middle of the road. Who can possibly see? It is raining too hard. Who would even be out here on a day like this! Our first cache is by a ditch, and with ditches...comes water. Within seconds I am soaked, my tennie whoppers are sloshing, my socks are saturated, in fact, I have water half way up the legs of my jeans. My I-phone is wet, and I need those little windshield wipers on my glasses. And I am thinking it is a magnetic... in the drainage ditch! Of course...she has a flashlight!

My second flashback of MA..."you kids don't even have enough sense to come in from out of the rain." ( back me up on this 1st Sgt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment