Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hang on baby (s) !

I had quite the day, geocaching with Peanut and the triplets. 1st let me re-cap the rules: quiet weekday/ area she was familiar / terrain of 1/ couple of caches/ sipping lattes. The actual day went a little different. I had searched the web the night before and printed off several caches, so Peanut could have her pick. She arrived dressed appropriately...no cammo, no combat boots...and the only thing she was "packing" was 3 babies. We were off.. The first thing I noticed about this town was the enormous amount of horrendous potholes! Hang on baby(s)! My i-phone was "down" so we had to revert to the old fashioned way, which consisted of TT and computer printouts. Lucky (?) for me she is navigational savoy... so we were set. Our first cache of the day was a magnetic at the roadside, so all was good. But, as the terrain went up hill...our day went downhill. I managed to be literally down in several creeks...to be over my head in grasses...attacked by a thorn tree...hooked on barbed wire and stuck in a rocket slide ( don't ask) All the while Peanut stood safely on a level 1 terrain with the TT. shouting instructions to me. "Go several feet north" Yea right, I"m over my head in weeds, which way is North? At the end of the day ( 8 hours) Peanut left with a smile, 10 caches and a mocha moo-latte from Dairy Queen! Me? Well... I did get a geo patch, my first geocoin, and a target gift card. Oh, and let's not forget, a torn shirt...a bloody arm..my first geo scar...an unusual rash on my arms and, oh yea.... 2 ticks.

Whatever Peanut may tell you, we DID NOT run over a duck! Hang on baby(s)!

No comments:

Post a Comment