Sunday, July 12, 2009

Now is NOT the time.

After doing a 13 hour shift, I check the web site and see a couple of nearby caches, with travel bugs! Hmmm... well, I could just jot over there and pick up a coin, or bug or whatever. See, it is whatever, that I should have been concerned with. According to my new obtained knowledge, this travelbug has been sitting there for a month now! Totally unacceptable. These bugs got to move. Since one is only 2.7 miles away, It is like it is calling me! So, I head out, turn the TT on, and I am off. In my mind I know it is located at a certain, family oriented park, nice trails, easy cache. So, when TT tells me to turn left...I am a little confused, but you know, he does know his way around. I just do what he tells me. I am now winding in and out, up and down side streets, only to end up by... the sewer plant? Ok, lets check this out. I guess I never knew there was a little park back there, but what the heck. How hard can this be? The cach info says it is a terrain of 3, size regular, Tupperware container. The hint says look for a large clump of grass. I spray myself down with off. It is 85 degrees out. I head down the asphalt, not whistling ( because I can't whistle) but you get the idea. The info says follow the deer path? Ok now, we are getting serious! Is the deer path, the same as the dirt bike path? And the grasses to the side, are up to my chest! You have got to be kidding!! I think I saw the ticks doing somersaults, off the tops of some over grown bushes. No, way I am not going in. This makes caches that1st Sgt and I did in look like a kiddy park. Finally I get my wits about me. This is a park, I have never been in..The trails are undefined...the ticks are waiting...the "lump of tall grass" is long gone, just down right drowned! It wasn't like a bolt of lightening from above, but I did suddenly see the light. This is why, the travel bug has been sitting for 30 days. No one in their right mind, would go in there. Well, maybe just a few feet, to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment