Thursday, July 9, 2009

Obsessed or Possessed?

My friend Sandy, the pot stirrer, says I am obsessed with this new hobby of mine. I really don't think so, after all, anyone new into geocaching does all the same things. When you are driving down the road, and see a car pulled over, doesn't everyone wonder if they are picking up a cache? Suddenly you can spot trees with great holes...historic signs that would work....gazebos located at the perfect spot... ditches that are waiting for a nano sized , cammo colored, container. They are everywhere! Now possessed, well that one is a different story. We grew up or down , whatever, from a family that I think was truly possessed! I was" skeered" of them. Apparently Big Sis, other sis, and the brother-in-law (future) were not! Not until the night they tee-peed their house. Yep!, that 12 gu shot gun, made a statement. The stories of hell, temptation and damnation had been etched in my head! I was never sure if Ma and Dad heard about it, that actual night, or maybe 15 years later at a Thanksgiving dinner. Those people were possessed!

So, to prove I am not obsessed, I am actually meeting a non-geocacher girlfriend for a drink. I am not taking the TT,( it is only 3 miles straight shot). I will not check in all the bushes before I enter...I will not check for magnetic holders under counters and bar stools... I will not talk geocaching...I will not be on the look out for muggles...I will not turn on my i-phone to the geocaching logo... I will not look for nearby sites...I will not pay for my drink with a geocoin.....I will not leave swag for the tip. I promise!

But, just in case, this whole possessed thing is bothering you...don't worry I plan to drink the devil right out of me! CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment