Sunday, July 12, 2009

The "other " cache.

When I finally make it back to the car, I realize my hands are shaking. That was ridiculous! What was I thinking? So I turn on the I-phone, and head for my next cache. Hard to believe, I was lost in the woods for 45 minutes! The next cache is on a trail, where I was with my friend, the pot stirrer. Not a bad trail, but a long one, so I think I will just go to the college, the back corner of the college, and cut into the trail. Not like I have ever been that way, but it should work. So, when the TT wants me to turn ( into a "bad" neighborhood) I ignore him...I will just go to the college. I arrive safely, no one in sight...but according to my I-phone I am no where near this cache. Ok, enough is enough. It, of course, must be the I-phone. So, I leave and go to the entrance of the trail, so If I have to walk 3 miles, then I will walk, but I will go home with this travel bug! There is one car there ( empty) and now I am paranoid, so I need to re-think this. I check the info on the I-phone ( yes, of course, I bypass the screen warning of how geocaching can be dangerous ) So, wait, what side of the river is thing on? It wants me to go on the other side, by the boat docks. ( Yes, 1st Sgt's gps system points out rivers and creeks... of course it does!) But MINE does not. Hmmm...it is a holiday weekend, there is a fishing derby taking place. With every boat , there is at least, one drinker. Oh screw it... I am out of here. So, I head home. I dial the pot stirrer up on the phone. Now, normally everyone answers the phone with hello, or yea, or something. Not, " did you get the travel bug?" So, of course, I answer " Nah... decided not to, What?...margaritas? Sure, I am on my way". I am such a loser!

No comments:

Post a Comment