Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bugs, bugs and bugs

Everyone out there caching has had some kind of" hand-to-swat" combat with blood sucking skeeters. Since there seems to be so many of them this year, I am figuring Big Lots had a sale. This is also my first year for ticks! I have now seen them up close and personal, and they are ugly suckers. I have also imagined them, along with their relatives, crawling all over me. Then again there is no better form of exercise than swatting...brushing..and dancing around from invisible, yet perceived critters! The only bugs I really love are the travel ones! I actually found my first travel coin on my very first cache. Not that you will see that recorded anywhere...As I was a "noobie" with 1st Sgt, and the exact words may be cloudy, but the memory is crystal clear. As I recall, 1st Sgt was signing the log book, I said, hey there is some coin in here, probably didn't get the "in here" part even out, but....SWOOSH it was gone, snatched right out of my "noobie" hands. Can you believe it? I did pick up my first travel bug, shortly after going solo. Turned out it was 1st Sgt's travel bug. ( UH OH) ..." Gotche " me a travel coin just yesterday and have my eye on a couple of nearby coin caches near work. Never thought I would be so interested in collecting bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment