Friday, November 20, 2009

The Queen of Hide & Seek

Not me... the pot-stirrer! Spent a few hours on Tuesday, getting ready for her first hides! I drug out of the closet all our containers, tape( cammo, grey, black) baggies ( of various sizes), wire, wire cutters, scissors, printed off log sheets, and sorted through FTF and swag items! We put together around 20 caches. My house looked like a first grade art project.

On Thursday morning...our usual day of caching...we set off. Apparently the pot-stirrer has been studying all the caches, and decided that the surrounding "empty" towns need a little excitement! I rode shotgun, didn't even take my GPS. After my last hides and the whole missed number on the coords...I figured I was not getting involved! Well, not too much! Pot-stirrer decides that Cullom, Chebanse, Herscher and a few side roads in between... ( no idea where we were) needed to be decorated with a little caching! Of course, on our way, when I mention, I will have to show her how to " place a cache" in the computer...she about freaks out! Oh no...she thinks these are going under my name! I don't think so...this is your idea, your baby...just step up to a new level!

That argument lasted until we arrived in Cullom. I have been in Cullom only a hand full of times...I got my passion for teaching EMS from Doc, (have not seen him for years) And there is a great little bar/restaurant there that has absolutely the best Grilled Prime Rib! Anyways...when she gets to her first location, she returns to caching mode and the whirlwind of her hides begins!

There are several things we do not see eye to eye on...my driving...and here idea of hiding a cache! There are so many great places out there. She, of course, has her own ideas...which is fine...but we spent half the time..."discussing" the "better" sites. She did let me have a few suggestions, and I just noticed that she put in the log that this location was GG's idea!! Right, give me a break!

I think she placed like 11 caches. I had to race back home, the dogs had a grooming day, but before I even got there, she is calling. Turns out, Reviewer Jones had a couple of comments. This is one of the main reasons I didn't want my name on anything! I swear he "knows" me, and maybe has like a red flag by my name. Anyways, she is totally freaking out...I, of course, am being the "calming" factor! LOL Turns out to be absolutely nothing, he just needed a little clarification. I reassured her that this is just a form letter they send out, nothing personal. Seeing I remained so "calm" with MY incident, I knew how to handle this situation!

Reviewer Jones just had to be sitting around waiting for something to do, because before she even had them all entered...one was posted! And before I even got home from the dog groomers...there was already a FTF!

I had to smile on the FTF... a "local" cacher was the FTF, this was the same person she nearly ran over leaving on her FTF marathon just last week. Poor dude had to sign in as a second to find ( ya, but by a minute!) Just goes to prove what I have already said...you have to get up pretty early to beat the pot-stirrer when she is on a FTF mission!

So to sum up my thoughts of the day...I still think the better hide was by the recliner...with the recliner as the hint. But no...she doesn't like hints...so let me give you a hint...on one end is the recliner, the other end is the "party grove" ( female lingerie hanging off trees, like some kind of a trophy) and the cache is in the middle! I love the cache in the park, finally she gives in to one of my ideas ( she, of course, hates it) So, when you find that one...make sure you log in, as a great hide GG ! HaHa! I think the last hide of the day, was my favorite. She did agree on that location. I probably won't hear too many more complaints on MY driving after that " one hide"...(bump!)

P.S. Decided to take the camera out on our caches...need to get a few photos in the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment