Monday, August 30, 2010

Next Stop

I am running out of sporting Goods stores. My mentor suggests I go to Walmart, with a crack about being from down south and all, I would enjoy Walmart. Even my response was not printable. I do stop in Target, and see they have a Geomate for $69.00 You know the little yellow one with the smiling face. I tell myself, to have a little more confidence in myself, and I move on. It was on my next store I see a Magellan.

Immediate flash back. Goldy had a Magellan. He must have used it when he took the paraplane up. I found it when I cleaned out some stuff in the basement. No idea really what it was. I turned it on....nothing...I changed the batteries...I turned it on. All these numbers come up. A " N ' a "W" some numbers, dots, degree signs. Hell, I don't know what it is. I carry it around for a couple of days, and every time I looked at it, the numbers were constantly changing...hmmm...must be broke...I pitched it! If I could go back in time...and if I listened real close, I probably would have heard Goldy telling me...ahh, don't throw that out, you are gonna need that some day.

I go home empty handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment