Monday, August 30, 2010

Ahhhh....THE TUNNEL

Let me "cache" you up to speed...( haha, too funny, sometimes I can't even stand myself!) Way back when, we (peanut and me) go for a few caches, I actually believe it was an after work cache...anyways, not important, the whole story is basically we couldn't find it. The hint was really detailed...you know the turn right, 12 steps etc. And it says, you shouldn't have to go to into the tunnel. So, this is where we were totally thrown off. What tunnel? We are standing on asphalt, we turn right at the bench, we do the 12 steps ( not the 12 steps I probably need, but...) we look, we look...there is no tunnel We are obsessing about the tunnel. Are we even in the right place? We check the foliage, for the cammo small container...nope...but what is this tunnel? We go in a little deeper, and then deeper, we are definitely out of the terrain rating. We can't find a tunnel.

We go back to the beginning, we take the "other right" ( you never know) and that is a no go. We step it off....12 steps, 12 female steps, 12 men steps, 12 paces...Peanut being Military...does 12 "whatever steps". No cache. Well, it is getting late, and we have to leave. All the ride home, we are discussing the tunnel. Or really the lack of a tunnel.

Not really caring...I mean what is one more DNF ! It was the tunnel that was messing with our brains! I get home....I log the DNF...I casually mention in the log...what is your definition of a tunnel? Haha ( Hey end of story....)

The next day I check my e-mail, Peanut's sitting right next to me....hmmmm, what is this one? I click on it...all it says....a tunnel is a tunnel. Peanut and I immediately do the whole silent...mouth is shaped like an "O"

Now the thing with e-mail, is you really can't tell expressions....was this sternly...ah not really....no explanation points....no smiley...just a statement. A tunnel is a tunnel.

Ok then...we decided we would be going back...turns out to be a loooong time before we went back. And so, when we actually go do "the tunnel" we are a nervous wreck!

No comments:

Post a Comment