Monday, August 30, 2010

An open letter...

To all the EXPERIENCED Geocahers out there,

I know you are good, I know you can whip through caches like nothing, I know you can probably find many of them blindfolded. You are good...I am not. I just ask a little favor...don't tell me my coords are off...I know that. I got that message on the first log. I assume you read the description of the cache, I think you may read the logs, probably don't need the hint....but you really don't need to be the 25th cacher that logs that my coords are off.

I have promised Reviewer Jones that I would not be placing any more caches until I got my real GPS. So, until that time comes ( and it is coming) just try to think of my caches as Traditional-Multi-Mystery caches.

Go to the published coords ... That is the traditional cache
From there...head to the actual cache...it will be at least 30 feet away. This is the multi-cache. Deciding in which direction this 30 feet will be...is the mystery cache.

Good luck...have fun...and try not to eat your young ( leave that to the medical field)

Sincerely,

The 30 foot women
(formerly known as GoldysGirl) :)

1 comment:

  1. GoldysGirl - Sorry you are feeling depressed about Tom's lack of geo-preciseness. When I figured out that you were caching with a Tom-Tom and an iPhone I was doubly amazed at the great number of caches you found! You've done quite well.

    I know when I upgraded my GPS from a Garmin eTrex Legend the preciseness of the GPS was one important factor. It's an exciting a slightly overwhelming choice. I almost wished there were GPSes (is that how to spell that?) I could have checked out at the library for a week or two! That would have made the whole process a lot easier. I look forward to reading about which GPS you do end up choosing. :)

    ReplyDelete