Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Well ain't we something!

Had a short day of caching yesterday....and I can tell you....we are SO excited! The day started off with Peanut in control....she picked the caches and picked the area. I was just riding shot gun, entering the coordinates as we went along. ( I LOVE this Garmin)

Ended up doing a small section of a whole new area....also turns out we found caches from 4 new people. What a day!

One cache in particular, just made our day. We go to this site, and as I am looking around, Peanut continues to read....not at this location.....
turns out we have to go 88 degrees and so many feet to find it.

We scanned the area, read a few logs, recent cachers unable to find it... due to lack of a sufficient Gps... well if my Gps has a degree thingy on it....I am not sure where it was....but I did remember downloading a compass app on my I-Phone, that I had never used. Hmmmm....wonder....well I grab my Phone...and set up the app....in less than 1 minute...we are headed to the cache! I am looking at degrees and Peanut is in control of the feet.

The closer we get to the cache....the more excited we are getting....AND we know we are gonna find it!

FOUND IT! I was so excited...just think, not only getting the cache but using degrees and all on a compass. Now this is a big thing here! I think I had the same feeling, that football players probably have when they make a touch down! We were ecstatic!!!! If I was younger, I would have done a cartwheel!!!

When I got home and was logging my finds....I am reading the description for the first time. The owner reminds us that it is at a big intersection, lots of traffic and to be stealth like.....

Well....I...mean...I am sure... well, you know....we were...ya ...definitely....uhmmm....stealth like... I am sure....I mean....really...I don't think...anyone...uh...ya...noticed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment