Sunday, November 21, 2010

We broke the rules

We are NOT rule breakers....well I can't say that when I was younger, I was a "goody-two-shoes"... maybe a few minor, little, teeny things...no one got hurt ... arrested... or even caught. I can't speak for Peanut (in her younger days)....but the point being...Today, at this time in our life...we are NOT rule breakers. We go geocaching... we pick up the trash....we replace the cache where it was found....we roll the log sheets up nicely...we let people know about maintenance problems.. We REALLY are good...law abiding, geocaching friendly, harmless people. Until today....

Let me enlighten you with a little history ....It was probably sometime in the 1970's, and I think it was a person named Evelyn Wood...she was the guru of speed reading. ( She was to speed reading as Rosetta Stone is to foreign language.) She held speed reading classes. Not that I actually ever attended. ( But, I do read very fast. ) And IF Peanut was EVEN born when those were around...and HAD she attended...she would have FLUNKED !

Now, let's start at the beginning.....

We are out running around getting grocery's...Peanut has a TB to drop off...we pass up a nearby TB Hotel....only because we don't want to waste a lot of time looking....we get our groceries.... 3 stores later ...still running around, crossing all this stuff off our list. When we realize we are close to a TB Hotel, that neither one of us has ever been to. Peanut pulls it up on her phone. We go....it is dark....we need a hint for a combo... Peanut is reading all this in the description... we go for the cache. The owner comes out... we have met him before.... we do small talk... we leave the TB.

On the way on to our next "store stop" we remark that the owner, wasn't real talkative and he seemed a little disturbed. Hmmmm...maybe he was having a bad day. So we are talking about the cache... how WE wouldn't want a cache at our house, that "strange" people would be coming up to at all times of the day and night. And for some, unknown reason, I pull up the cache description...and that is when I read...Daytime cache only!!!!!!

OMG...we both sit there with our mouths in that perfect little "O" :o } We are so embarrassed! Not only does it say Daytime cache only...but it goes into great detail about NOT caching at night!

How did you not read that...I ask....her response....I was speed reading...Well you're no Evelyn Wood....Who is Evelyn Wood? OMG....not only do I feel bad, but you are making me feel OLD and Bad!

The dialogue continues....OMG ( she says) make this all better....Make it better? How am I suppose to make it better? I know I am NOT signing the log ( I say) Oh like he doesn't know it was you.... well you had the conversation about "your series"... I didn't say anything about my identity... but YOU ( my dear Peanut) have to log the TB! And just who else would I have been there with? OK...(she does have a point!)

And so...here I am...trying to make it all better. We are so sorry. And, of course, this is all Peanut's fault...( haha...she said I would blame her...so I am!) And we will promise to read descriptions BEFORE the hunt... scouts honor!

Hope you have a Great Turkey Day!

GG & Peanut


No comments:

Post a Comment