Thursday, September 17, 2009

Caching With The Little One

My little one came to visit for the day...we decided to do a dinner and movie. The dinner was rushed (in order to get to the movie in time) and the movie was terrible...still waiting for a plot! The good news was that while getting ready for dinner, I check my mail and see that someone has found one of my caches! Great....but the lil one, wants details. So I go into detail, the drive to and from, the dinner, actually stayed quite for the movie, and then on the drive back. Yep, she wants to go do a couple in the morning. Really I think she doesn't believe me, but...we head out in the am. Let's just say the "caching aura " was completely off! Not a good day for caching. I started off screwing up, a cache name we were going for, but with the coords of a nearby cache. Makes for a long walk in the woods. And still a DNF to boot. After clearing our heads and filling our gut...we go for #2.....that would be #2 as a DNF! I am pretty sure at this point, that she thinks I am making this up. We head off for one clear across town...thinking the whole area has "bad karma", but I divert off to a little isolated one I was wanting to find. Thank God...we found it...or else I am sure she was ready to have me committed! All morning she kept eyeing me, like maybe I had more than 2 glasses of wine the night before....and perhaps I had stayed up all night drinking, or something. So, I was saved.....we head for #4, for the day, and it starts to rain...we get to the general area, it is now pouring...we are soaked...no way! We head back to the car. The day seemed like a bust! We are hot...we are soaked...we feel defeated...we crash at home.

Then it hits us...when you can't find them.......hide them! We throw 2 caches together....head off to the next couple of towns....and DONE! Feeling better all ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment