Thursday, September 17, 2009

The potstirrer and her new GPS

Well, the potstirrer has come a long way. First no interest in geocaching at all. Then...she goes along for the ride..so I don't get killed. Then she realizes that she is there...to drag my broken bones out of whatever woods I might be in. Suddenly she is starting to "follow" the blue dot on my I-phone. Next she is following coords...and looking at the compass! Before long...she is picking out wooded caches, and takes over the I-phone...while I am picking thorns out of my toes!!

And NOW...she is hooked. Tee-hee. She is taking a long distance drive to visit family...and tells me she needs a gps...but maybe she will get one that can do a little geocaching. (Yep!) She tosses that around for awhile, and finally just does it. She is now a proud owner of a Garmin...with lat and long settings, so she can go caching! She, of course, is also concerned that she won't be able to find the caches, with just the Garmin...but, hey I did a whole day of caching in Dwight, with just the Tom-Tom.....so we are good to go ( as 1st Sgt says).

So, today is the "test" day for the Garmin. I stayed up half the night, plotting and picking...just for a good day of caching. I got a stack of print offs, and am heading out the door.

What I didn't ( and won't) tell the potstirrer, is.....99% of today's caches ....are the Alphabet mans! Hey, I had no choice...he is EVERYWHERE!

I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment