Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Alphabet Man

I have been dealing with the alphabet man for some time now. That is not his name, of course, or even his geocaching name....but that is what I call him. I have never met him, but I know of him, from his caches. He is EVERYWHERE and he is TOUGH. And we are just a little bit afraid of him. When I first started caching with the potstirrer....we would pick caches in an area that had several nearby...no big deal...but if we took a lot of time to find one...sure enough it was the alphabet man. At first we thought it was because it was a micro, or even an nano. We have found other peoples micros...but his is tough. Then it got to a point...if we couldn't find it right away...we would check to see if it is HIS! Then we got to the point of seeing if it was his BEFORE...we even started looking.

When we DO find one of the Alphabet man's...we are feeling good...walk a little taller, like yea we got one from the Alphabet man! But when we don't...it is like WHAT???? The last couple ( with the lil one) the DNF's...were, of course, the alphabet man. I didn't even warn the lil one...about him, but what was I thinking? Letting her first attempts to be the Alphabet man! So, in disgust I log on as a DNF...I think he could "tell" somehow that I felt defeated, because HE GOES AND CHECKS ON THEM! OMG...and...of course...they are there and they are fine...and then, of course, all these other people find them after me! Now I really feel like a CHUMP!

I checked out a picture of the Alphabet man...and he looks normal. From some of his comments, I think he may have a sense of humor. Never seen a picture of him smiling ....hmmm. I noticed he has not looked for any of my caches...and I am sure that is because they are just too easy for him. And I am OK with that.

But the grand finale to all of this...is that potstirrer called and says we are geocaching in the am! Pick out some good ones. I ask if she wants to do the Alphabet man's that I DNF....she groans. Ok, I will pick out a whole new location....that is whenI realize that the Alphabet man is EVERYWHERE!!!

We go in the AM...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment