Monday, March 7, 2011

Feeling the vibes !

I am sure everyone is tired of hearing about the chirp cache...so let's just skip to the finale....I got the darn thing! Which leads me to my current thoughts. I am thinking I am becoming a "geek-o-tech-nology savy person"!! I know....stop laughing...but it is happening. I am getting techno vibes from somewhere!

Back to the beginning, let me explain ...first off...I feel that Best Buy put the "cool" in Geeks...after all, to be a Geek now is cool....Geek squad and all, but let me add to this thought...I , however, feel that the term "Nerd" has not quite evolved yet!

I come to these thoughts after reflecting on my last few months...after putting in a full day of exercise at Perry Farm....I decide that I really don't have the GPS loaded...quite right...for the Chirp caches....so I go "surfing" ( love that term...seeing I can't swim) the Internet...oh ya...google this, google that...find some links, download a bunch of crap...and bingo...I got a " chirp cache compatible" GPS! Now wait...don't be too impressed yet....just last month, I had to ( well not HAD) but wanted to move my desk...which means moving the computer, which meant not having the right length in anything to do any of that. And, we all know, you don't say "can't" to a female.....so I go trekking ( actually I drove) to Best Buy, had already thought of what I needed...don't know any of the proper names, or even if that make something like that) but I go in....go the the computer dept, start looking around...saw something I thought would work, find a Geek, tell him what I want to do...show him what I got...and he said,,,"yep, that's what you need" . I even think he smiles, not the " I feel sorry for you smile" ...but the salesperson smile...(NOT.... the "I am so proud of you smile".) ...but hey...this was progress. Then I fix my Blu-ray, when it stopped working . .. (Well, I just cold started it...which I know works on all medical things, including your heart! )

Anyways, moving on...I am so excited.....My oldest majored in stuff like this in college...Musical something...where she can do lighting, electrical, sound stage and set up venues. She is my "go to" person....my phone calls to her from Best Buy and the like...start out with....Hi, I'm at _____________ ( enter name) and I want _____________ ( enter toy) and do you think I should get ____________ (enter Brand) or _____________( enter whatever) This is ALWAYS followed up with....Is this something I can hook up myself, or do I need to wait for you to come home? ( She lives across the United States) Her responses, usually are something like....you SHOULD be able to....or... oh ya, you can do it, it has pictures ( color coded) or sometimes...ahh...maybe you should wait....I will be home soon, or "do you need this right away? Of course, if I do need to buy something, I am asking for a list from her...now what do I need? ( a what?...spell it....) And as I am walking around the store with the phone to my ear, I am telling the clerk...I need one of these, and this and that. Always a fun time!

But back to my point.....I am thinking she is starting to wear off on me..After all she is related ...not switched at birth...(I was there) ....so maybe, hidden deep down, I have some "technical know-how'! She will be coming for a visit soon, we will try to get some caching time in ...and of course, I have a "list" and if I need anything technology oriented....I will be purchasing it when she gets here...that way she can hook it up for me! ( Hey, mom's aren't dumb!) I will have to take her out on a chirp cache...so all you Caching Geeks...better get some more placed....cuz I am planning on having the remaining 6 found...long before she gets here!

And if I can just brag for a minute....the top 5 students in her class got to set up a venue as an individual project.....when it was her time to pick from the hat...she got Willie Nelson! Yep...that's MY girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment