Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Tunnel.....Another Disaster

Feeling confident ( that would turn out to be overconfident) with my last find, I decide to move on. Next one is only like .16 away...across the freaking river, but yet only .16 away! I drive around a little...looking for a tunnel...this is de ju vue' The description talks of this tunnel, that they are surprised it is still there...me...well I am surprised at everything... any more! After scanning the map, (on my I-phone) I then discover it is across the river. ( I think my brain was still in shock...well, Ok, I guess I just don't think!) I drive over and park, at the same spot I had parked for an previous cache...another one that was traumatic! I scan the horizon....ahhhhh, I see the tunnel, actually from the car it looks like the old cartoons...where the mouse hole ( dark arch) is painted on the wall. Well...I'll be...never noticed that before. Gonna go get me a cache! Ya man!

Seeing that I just drove there, without the use of coords, I decide to read the description...you know....!!!!!!!! Sometimes you could just slap people, well, not that bad...but a panic nightmare for me, when people list multiple coords, one is the parking, then the tunnel, and probably the cache itself. Well, who knows if I am parked at "the coords" so I will just move on....to the hint!

OMG....I am walking and reading at the same time ( I know...a true miracle) when I read...go south thru the tunnel....W_H_A_T? are you messing with me? I am always so proud, when I am in an area ( and there a only a few of these) where I "think" I know what direction, I may be headed....and I sure of heck, don't think I will be going South (?) I really think I am headed North....ah sh*t! Let me re-think this...really I think I am going North...anyways...let me just say...I agree that this is a tunnel!

Second guessing myself....maybe I should have parked over on the other side...then, I think, I will be going South into the tunnel ! So, really the only thing left to do, is go thru the tunnel to the other side....OMG...it is dark, creepy...did I mention dark? The "floor" is wet, and muddy...There is graffiti on the walls...ya, real nice...I approach slowly...I swear to somebody...if anything scurry's across, jumps out...or follows me in there...I will come and haunt you from my grave....because I just know, if anything happens...I will drop dead right here!

My GPS beeps, and scares the "bejeezers" out of me! Oh nice...I have lost sattelight, ya, I know... it is dark and creepy in here!! I am heading for the light at the end of the tunnel....literally! I finally reach the other side...and if I have died...I have gone to hell...it may be brighter, but it is not that much nicer!

I do see stairs, and stop to re-read the hint...ok it says...as you go up the stairs...well these stairs are coming down...( if I was entering South) so I must be parked on the correct side....ah who cares at this point...so re-read the hint AGAIN! ...second step and tree on the right....ok, give me a break...I do know my right from my left....but tree? What the.....?

I start to "see " the whole pic...I scan the entire area...I am looking for this cache...I want the darn smiley! I want to conquer a tunnel on the first day...I want....I want....I want !

I snap a picture of my own...and I head back...going SOUTH ( in my opinion) through the dark, creepy tunnel. Did I mention it is dark? Once again, I have reached daylight....my parked car is within sight...I think to myself....

Yes...it is a tunnel (that we agree on!)
I have NO idea...North from South ( I do have a feeling that the owner knows)
I DO know, this is probably not a "GG-friendly" cache
I did NOT get to sign a log
I do NOT get a smiley.... :(

BUT....I got a great pic.......re-read the hint......then check out the next blog......

No comments:

Post a Comment