Thursday, December 2, 2010

TN Chad

I survived the Thanksgiving binge! I survived the Tennessee clan! I survived....but barely.

Thanksgiving was the traditional..... family...eat....eat....eat....visit....drink...staying up half the night...drink...shopping...and more food! And this year, once again, we added....Geocaching!

Chad ( nephew) came for the holiday bash...and wanted to give caching a try. Of course, it was freezing! And it always seems colder, when the winter season first starts. By February, we will think temps in the low 30 something...is a heat wave, and we will be running around with just a sweatshirt on. But, it is early on, so we ( really, just me) dressed for the worse. Layers and layers.... hats, mittens, the whole 9 yards!

We set off about 11ish, I had checked weatherbug, and it told me, that the warmest part of the day, was going to be between noon and 4.....so....obviously, that is what I plan. I hate cold! ( Notice in summer, I will put that I hate hot weather and ticks!....There is no making me happy)

We had tons of fun. No ticks! Did see 3 big deers ( or so they tell me...that they were big) Chad, definitely, not a slow learner. I, being the nice hostess, gave him the good GPS. We decided to do some hiking caches, first off, because Chad likes to hike, but secondly, I needed to walk off about 10 pounds of Thanksgiving food!

First cache...TN Chad ( name, seester and I gave him ) walks right up to the cache...and it has a TB in it! Actually it was a Geocoin, and unlike MY first Geocoin, I DID NOT just grab it out of his hand ( Uh....1st Sgt !)

He is a natural....or maybe he is just a guy, that has a sense of direction...either way, we found every cache...in a timely manner...3 travel bugs...12 caches....and a few sore butts!

The Indian caves were interesting. When we first got there, we all "looked down" and warned each other...."do not fall!" I managed to get down okay, and actually back up...and let the record show...No one had to do the whole...."butt push up" Of course, we were cracking up, and saying that we were glad, no one behind us, had a camera.

We celebrated the great day of caching...with more food and drink! So much, for the great calorie burner!

No comments:

Post a Comment