Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 2...teaching 1st Sgt!

I really have to go easy with this....he has already threaten to sue! Ha....let's see, you can have the dogs!

Anyways, out with Peanut...the day of caching was going to be INTERESTING! Peanut, still running gun shy....still on the steroids from her last poison ivy gift. ( I feel sorry for "Dan, the man" you know...women on steroids!...anyways, that 2 law suits now!)

We decide to do a small series...terrain 1 to 1.5 Weather was nice....early autumn ( too hot for 1st Sgt, well anything over 50 is too hot for him, until he is adjusted to "the lower 48"

Turns out 1st Sgt is still doing the numbers game...going north or South, east or west according to the coords....(wow!) We remain silent... ( hard to believe) so as he is heading in, I 'm calling the shots....go more to the right, little more...and he has that same dumbfounded look on his face. ( so much for remaining silent) Peanut and I are grabbing them right and left....Peanut finally whispers to me...."let him get the next one" Ok....I know he outranks her, but really...this is the brother that put barbells over my neck, so I couldn't move! Well, that was a "few" years ago...so....we let him find the next one!

He doesn't know this ...so let's keep it to ourselves!

He finally sees that we are using the compass feature, and...I think we converted him! Or as, he would say..."hell ya!"

The best part...he has been out geocaching on an island...with bears and such, but has the "begeezers" scared out of him...when a little field mouse joins us! And just to make the story clear...he "claims" it ran across his arm....ok...whatever!

It really was a good day of caching...and just to call off the lawyers...his gps did "drop" all the satellite's...( true story) and he did find caches, by just writing the coords on some paper...so really....I was impressed!

But, we have come a long way....and looks like I will be trying to get some caches in Michigan...his new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment