Saturday, October 2, 2010

And the winner is.....

The Garmin Dakota 10 ! I love this little guy!

I went back to the "mans store" determined to find something. They were still having a problem with the alarms, but it turns out....they do automatically shut off after 2 MINUTES! LOL

Armed with a little internet knowledge, I was finally able to get my hands on this sucker. It is small enough to fit into the palm of your hand. It comes with a nice" rubber , yes you can probably drop it and not do damage" cover. A nice lanyard, not to hang your self, but you can actually sign the log, without putting the gps on the ground. 1 button...yep just one...the screen is all touch screen. ( one of the features I loved on the I-phone) It is geocaching friendly....just download from the computer. It shows the description, hints, logs etc! NICE!!!!! You can log your finds as you go....and it takes you to the next closest cache. Hmmmm....nice, no real thinking involved! It also lets me manually enter coordinates....just in case....and I am sure this never happens....the coordinates are off a little...and someone logs some better coordinates. AND the compass is great...it points in the direction I need to head!!!

WAHOO ! Finally someone who understands ME!

So, I manage to pick it up on sale...then with a rebate....and a saver card....you know how it goes! I was so excited! My biggest learning curve...how to get it out of that stupid hard plastic casing!

Not to make this sound like a GARMIN commercial...but I am sure we can use Garmins in the movie deal! ( hint, hint!)

No comments:

Post a Comment