Monday, September 13, 2010

UH ...OH

It wasn't a question, it was a statement. Yes, I had the keys, we both knew it...I had the keys when I locked her car. I had the keys when we entered the woods. I had the keys when I poked a small knot hole. I had the keys on my left hand, ring finger. So....why was it, when I looked down and saw no keys....that I said...I gave them to you. Now really that was said like a hopeful question....but I knew.....I HAD NO KEYS!

We both just stared down at my hands, no keys. I slowly patted my jean pockets, no keys. Neither one of us has said one word....but it was like slow motion as we both turn our heads, and surveyed the area....the vast area of "wooded jungle" The 116 foot circumference that we have just trampled all over.

Ok...remaining calm, let's just do the obvious...use the spare. No spare? No spare at home either? Looking at all our options, we realize: holiday weekend.....no spare key....no Saturn dealers....we are on call for work....and NO...I am NOT calling her hubby!

We did have a small laugh, after all this is our luck and just unreal! The options were narrowed down to looking for the keys . After all we had to make an effort. I decided to start looking while I was practicing the words I would use when I make the call.

Peanut started out with the theory...no way, we are never going to find the keys. I was determined. After searching, I decided we were never gonna find the keys, but Peanut was reassuring me, we could find them. When we decided it was hopeless...we did the obvious....we split up, ... hanging onto our phones....no need losing each other at this point....and started literally searching every inch of trampled down grass!

I can not even tell you where we were, or how long we had been looking, or how I happened to look down and see the keys... embedded in mud...neither one of us can even believe we found the keys...but we did !

Babbling at 100 words a minute, we somehow managed to find our way out of this jungle. After brushing off the bugs, pulling off the cockaburs, and making a much needed chocolate pit stop... we headed off to the next cache. After all, how much worse could this day get.

Wow....we found the keys! (Thanks Goldy)


No comments:

Post a Comment