Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Still looking.....

Full of burgers and running on caffeine...we go back to the scene. The new strategy ( otherwise known as plan E) parks us in a new location. We get out, GPS's are powered, and we walk right up to the site! We are stoked! We are wrong! It is not there!

Sometimes ( especially when you are trying SO hard to find something) something happens that you lose all sense of everything. This would include sense of direction, sense of worth and common sense. Suddenly our GPS units are a piece of junk, and can't be trusted...so we begin to search EVERYWHERE! I think it was when I was on all fours searching through gravel, when 2 ladies walked by with a stroller, ( true story here) and the 1 lady says to the other..."somebody must have lost something" And in my mind, I am thinking....Yes, we have totally lost our minds. We are two adults, we are not invisible , we are not 8 years old, we are 2 people who will probably be taken away and committed! With that thought...starts the laughter, the " I can't believe this " laughter. Where the tears are coming down the cheeks. The Oh my gosh, my gut hurts laughter , the we are insane laughter!

It was with the turn of my head ( to wipe away the tears) that I first see the cop. We are so far beyond stealth mode that there is no turning back. The cop SUV is circling, and decides to park and watch. He is a short distance off, and had he had a cup of coffee, this would have looked like a stake out. It was when the "other" SUV pulled up and parked a few feet away, that we decided...maybe we should leave.

Not making eye contact with "them". We quietly got up, brushed off the debris and nonchalantly meandered back to the vehicle. My only whispered words..."Dude, you know they are totally running your plates"

The drive home was a little quieter. Actually it did make me think...who would I call to bail us out? Hmm...I wonder if my friend has "friends" or better yet..."friends with connections"

So...another day is done...the cache still not found.

No comments:

Post a Comment