Sunday, April 18, 2010

One of My DNF's

Ahhh...GC1MTTZ one of my DNF's. This cache been used as a conversational tool on several occasions. And then... just recently a friend of mine says, " let's JUST go find it." So, ( it just happens) as I open my mouth to say my typical response, of how I am so busy, I have to get such and such done for a deadline...and all the other excuses I usually come up with...I just say...Ok, let's do it!

So, here I am, in the middle of the week, when my desk is piled high, with "my to do list", with things in the yard that probably need to be... "mowed, mulched or weeded, with all my deadline projects hovering in the background...what am I doing? You got it, I am getting ready to go out geocaching.

The suggestion of lunch had been brought up, and they were convinced they were going to walk right up to this, ( I WAS convinced THEY would walk right up to it) so ... ya, we could do lunch after the find. Why not! Sounds like a plan.

As I was getting ready, I was picturing a nice light lunch outdoors on one of those patio restaurants...you know where all the cool people go...sitting there relaxing, having lunch, acting like they have no cares, no deadlines, no stress. Ya...I can picture this. Ok...enough about lunch, let's just get the cache!

The plan was to meet up, at a mid-point and drive in together. So, it was on the drive-in that I realized I was actually getting nervous ... about a stupid cache! But, all was cool, we discussed "our strategy"...and "what we know for sure"... that is when I finally had to admit...I don't know ANYTHING for sure, when it comes to this cache. Change in strategy... we will approach this cache, like we have never been there before! Good Plan!

We get " to the scene" both GPS units going ... I am having a little deja Vu ...or maybe I should call it flashbacks ... but I know ... my friend is gonna walk right up to it!

Did I mention... I don't know Jack ( with Jack being an expression, of course) we start the search out pretty casual ... then more intense ... then the " you have got to be kidding"...this was JUST found ... it HAS to be here! Hours later, yep I said hours later ... we go back to the vehicle and re-group! Focus people ... Focus! LOL After re-reading the logs, the description, and the logs again ... we realize there are no "hidden" clues in anything we read. Being a little stubborn, we are back ... we are searching ... we (I am sure) are looking like a couple of idiots!

Not wanting to admit defeat..we try the lunch idea. Just to let you know... there are NO patio restaurants, there are NO relaxing people, there will be NO sipping drinks in the sun! Which just goes to show you , how my "mind" always wants the perfect scenario! Haha There are a couple of "slightly intoxicated " people sitting in a dark bar...so that's lunch...hey give us a break...there are only a couple of options!

The relaxing lunch has turned into inhaling burgers. As it turns out, we re-look the original log...and yep, we got a whole new strategy...

I think we are really on to this now!




No comments:

Post a Comment