Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting ready

Well, I am getting ready. Actually going to go geocaching today. The pot-stirrer has picked the location, set the time, and has all the details. I just need to show up! I think the dress code is what is throwing me off. We are actually in a heat wave....30 degrees...and will probably be in my own little heat wave when I get into the car!

I have an assortment of clothing for this type of thing. But I am thinking the cammo zipped bibs, may not be needed, and I really think the 10 pound neon orange 1 piece, whatever that is, is probably not warranted. However, If I want to do snow angels...I need to be wearing something a little heavier!

I think I got the boots down now....I actually have 3 pairs, the black runway ones...a medium, no heel black, to keep your toes warm...and The ones I am wearing, which are like some official, gonna get serious, out in the snow trekking boots. With the thick ( knee-high) socks...and the hot pink/aqua fuzzy footies...I am thinking I should be ready!

Jeans today, are made too thin...so I had to hunt up some long johns! That I discovered has a hole in them...Thanks Dogs! Now that is a sight! Nothing is worse than getting a cold butt. Let's complete the outfit with long underwear top, shirt, hoodie. All this is before the coat!

I really don't want to go with the cammo coat, it is heavier, but I think we are only going a small ways off the trail. So, my regular coat ( ski coat....what?...No, I don't ski...but the coat was cute) a scarf for my neck, a HAT ( there goes my hair) and I guess the gloves will be the problem. Not sure what I am doing for that!

Well, I am off...one small bathroom break, before I hit the cold. I will keep you posted.

My biggest fear: If I fall down, I may not be able to get up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment