Monday, January 24, 2011

Resolutions

I am truly one of those people who "start fresh" on New years day...wipe the slate clean and try a "do over" I hate New Years resolutions, basically I think I am just setting myself up for failure. You know, it is January 3rd and already you are a failure. Same reason I do not go out celebrating on New Years Eve ...4 hours into the New Year and already you feel like crap. I am sure you get the point.

I do, however, like to make goals. Nothing too hard, the usual....participate in a 5K ( when I say participate, that does not mean run, or even walk....participate, you know, like hand out water or something...LOL) I would like to lose the 10 pound holiday gain, but that may be pushing "it" after all these are the same 10pounds I have lost and found again for the last 30 years ( I claim it is still "baby fat") I would like to attend a Geocaching event...uh oh....now I said it...which is something I would LIKE to do...still up for grabs...the thought of running into a few Big Guns....makes me hyperventilate....truly! I do not want to seem like an over-achiever, so I have already crossed out the "learn a foreign language" Just because I am tired of pressing "1" for English....is really no reason to go overboard...so I scratched that idea.

So...the Geocache event...it is out there...in the blog....for thousands to see ( okay all 6 of you) so now I am almost committed. (Using the word committed as in a commitment...not actually committed...which would be a totally different blog) We will see how this plays out. But think about it...rubbing elbows with a bunch of geeks ( and I say that in a good way) There is just so much to learn. And NO hazing allowed with the newbies!


I will wrap this blog up with one of my New Year favorites.... 2 towns away ( which is really only 3 miles) the town sign says....May your troubles last as long as your New Year Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment