Sunday, May 30, 2010

No longer tickless....

I got my first tick. If I do a statistic page, I could add that to....first cache...first TB...first FTF...100 caches's and 1st Tick!

Who knows where I actually picked this little guy up...somewhere between cache 1 and cache # 10 for the day.

I decided to name him....dead tick...dead, dead tick!

It all started as I was waiting in the car while Peanut ran in for snacks ( she is a good snack person) the whole sweet/ salty/chocolate thing going on. Anyways...I look down on my jeans and there is a bug....a small black bug...right on the thigh of my jeans! So, I do the obvious...I squish him...but he doesn't squish! I am thinking...is this a tick?

Sitting next to me, in the door thingy...is a bottle of nail polish remover...I grab it and sprinkle some on my jeans...okay...I pour some on the jeans...then I take the cap and
hold down "the bug". With my free hand I spray the remaining contents of my "deep woods off" over my entire body.

Peanut returns to the car...she is over come by fumes as she opens the door. "Don't panic", I tell her...but this may be a tick! I lift the cap....yep she says...."it is a dead tick" And then she proceeds to explain, the dot on the belly, the deer tick explanation...the whole burying the head in your skin...the sucking the blood..the Lyme disease....

OMG! I am "feeling" ticks all over me for the rest of the day. The 20 minute shower was not hot enough when I got home!

So far....no sightings!

Anyways ...a landmark... my first tick...a very dead, dead tick!

WARNING.... Don't mess with me...I am armed with nail polish remover!


No comments:

Post a Comment